THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW MUST BE MET IN ADDITION TO THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED WITHIN INDIVIDUAL POSITION DESCRIPTIONS, WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE.
- Applicants must have completed at least two (2) terms (not including spring or summer term ) of college or university coursework, post-high school graduation by the start of Fall 2021 semester.
- Applicants are required to have a term and cumulative GPA of 2.5, without rounding, at the time of application in order to be considered for the position. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum GPA requirement will not be eligible to continue in the selection process. Applicants who are extended offers and fail to meet this requirement at the end of Winter Term will no longer be eligible for a student position. Incoming transfer students will be asked to present their official transcripts from previously attended institutions.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify the ResEd Student Selection team at email@example.com, regarding any special circumstances (e.g. incompletes, grade changes, etc.) that may influence your cumulative GPA.
- ResStaff members are expected to maintain a term and cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher throughout their appointment.
- Courses selected as pass/fail or credit/no credit will be counted only toward meeting the term requirement; they will have no impact on GPA.
- Must be in good standing with Student Life and the University. This includes upholding all policies and procedures as defined by the University of Michigan Standard Practice Guide, the University Housing Community Living at Michigan, the Statement of Student Rights and Responsibility, and any other applicable University policies and procedures.
- Must comply with all institutional, local, state, and federal laws or guidance.
- Housing Student Conflict Resolution, Housing Student Employment Work Record, University Records, and the Office of Student Conflict Resolution records will be checked to determine if an applicant is eligible to be hired for a student position. Final position offers are contingent upon verification of background check.
- ResStaff in Undergraduate Housing must be pursuing an undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan. ResStaff must be enrolled and complete at least 8 credit hours each semester that they are appointed.
- ResStaff appointments are for one (1) academic year and applicants must be able to commit to the full academic year – both Fall and Winter terms.
- ResStaff who have the intent to return to the position for subsequent years are required to participate in an application, interview, and evaluation process annually. ResStaff may be reassigned to different communities based on the needs of the student population and department.
- Applicants for all ResStaff positions must successfully complete ALA 421: Creating Inclusive Communities to retain their position. The 7 week online class will occur concurrently with the ResStaff position in either Fall 2021 or Winter 2022. More information will be shared directly with all applicants and additional information will be available on the ALA 421 website once plans for the course have been determined.
- You must be available to attend all of ResStaff training, prior to both Fall and Winter semesters. Training starts at the beginning of August 2021. Training start date may vary based on positions. Specific dates will be provided during the Winter term.
- If you apply during the Winter 2021 semester for a 2021-2022 ResStaff position and are not offered a position, you may not apply again until the 2022-2023 ResStaff selection process begins. We are unable to make exceptions to this requirement even if the application reopens.