Over 650 regular staff and hundreds of part-time student employees sustain the facilities, services, and programs that support the University's residential communities. We hope you'll join the Housing team!

Undergraduate Overview

Residence Education for University Housing employs over 400 individuals in roles as diverse as Community Center Assistant, Diversity Peer Educator, Munger Fellows, Graduate Diversity Coordinator, Traditional Resident Advisor, Graduate Resident Advisor, Theme Resident Advisor, and Michigan Learning Community Resident Advisor. Our communities range from traditional residence halls to Graduate and Undergraduate apartments.

On these pages you will find all of the information you need about the Student Staff Selection process. Please take your time to check out the site and become familiar with Residence Education’s:

2019-2020 Community Center Assistant (CCA) Position

Application is currently closed.

2019-2020 Undergrad ResStaff Positions:

Application is currently closed.

    • Diversity Peer Educator (DPE)

    • Traditional Resident Advisor (Traditional RA)

    • Theme Resident Advisor (Theme RA)

  • Michigan Learning Community Resident Advisor (MLC RA)

      • Global Scholars Program Resident Advisor

      • Health Science Scholars Program Resident Advisor

      • Honors Resident Advisor

      • Living Arts Resident Advisor

      • Lloyd Hall Scholars Program Resident Advisor

      • Max Kade German Resident Advisor

      • Michigan Community Scholars Program Resident Advisor

      • Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars Resident Advisor

      • Residential College Resident Advisor

    • Women in Science and Engineering Residence Program Resident Advisor

In addition to the requirements listed within the job description, see the ResEd Student Staff Eligibility for all positions .

It is highly recommended you speak to a representative from the Office of Financial Aid prior to applying and interviewing for the position. The compensation for the position is room and board and may affect your personal financial aid. Information can be found here: https://finaid.umich.edu/

How to Apply

Please read instructions below and then visit our application site, eRezlife.

  1. Select “Sign in with your school account
  2. Email: enter your UM unique name & kerberos password and agree to terms and conditions
  3. Select My job profile. Fill out all sections & save. (please note, if you applied to a position using eRezLife in the past, make sure all profile information is up to date as fields have changed)
  4. Select Job postings
  5. Select the position you are interested in
  6. Select the Apply now (green button)
  7. Select Questions. Fill out all required questions (with red asterisk) and any other questions related to the position you are applying for
  8. Select Save and Continue
  9. Select supporting docs to provide reference contact information
  10. Select Save and Continue
  11. The system will direct you to the Submit application page, select the submit button. Once the application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an automated email confirmation from eRezLife.

You should note that the application includes short essay questions and you should dedicate sufficient time to complete them.