Administered by the Comprehensive Studies Program (CSP), Bridge Scholars Plus (BSP) is a community of 150 scholars that taps into scholars’ full range of identities, knowledge, and experiences to develop innovations for social challenges and opportunities that matter most to them. BSP serves first-year students and builds upon the Summer Bridge Scholars Program, a 7-week academic program, created in 1975, that bridges gaps in opportunity created by inequitable systems in education.
- Community and coalition-building
- Academic excellence
- Anti-racism and social engagement
- Holistic health and wellness.
Approximately 25 hours weekly.
- 20 Traditional Resident Advisor hours weekly
- 5 additional variable hours for BSP Programming commitments
Please note ResStaff positions are expected to be your priority after academics. As you consider applying, please reflect on your current and future commitments and how you will prioritize your ResStaff appointment. If hired for a position, you will discuss a plan to balance your commitments with your supervisors. Michigan Housing recognizes that Resident Advisors have other academic, personal, and professional time commitments as well. A Resident Advisor’s Hall Director is available to discuss strategies to help balance the Resident Advisor responsibilities with other time commitments as needed.
Each BSP Resident Advisor will be required to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Plan and lead a variety of in-hall programming geared towards BSP scholars
- Support and attend BSP signature events, hosted by CSP
- Promote CSP-specific events to those in the BSP community
- Attend bi-weekly 1:1 meeting with Coordinator for Bridge Scholars Plus
- Attend bi-weekly team meetings with Coordinator for Bridge Scholars Plus
- Fulfill all responsibilities outlined in the Resident Advisor position description
Must meet eligibility requirements as outlined in the Traditional RA position. Preference given to applicants who are Summer Bridge Scholars Program alumni and/or current CSP students.
This position is co-supervised by a Hall Director and CSP’s Coordinator for Bridge Scholars Plus.
As the BSP RA position exceeds 20 hours, this position includes a stipend for time spent on BSP-specific events and planning.
Compensation includes room and board. The meal plan included is to be used as a tool to connect with residents.
Please consult with the Office of Financial Aid to determine how the position compensation may impact your award package.
Email: email@example.com / Phone: (734) 764-9128 / www.lsa.umich.edu/csp