The Transdisciplinary Fellow (TF) is a student positionfocused on conceptualizing and delivering transdisciplinary programming in either Munger Graduate Residences or in Northwood Community Apartments. Conceptualization and delivery of programming will be under the direction of the Program Manager for the Graduate Academic Initiatives and in collaboration with Graduate Resident Advisors, residents, and campus and community partners.
Transdisciplinary Fellows are expected to meet the expectations and responsibilities of the position through the time commitments listed below. Michigan Housing recognizes that Transdisciplinary Fellows have other academic, personal, and professional time commitments as well. A Transdisciplinary Fellow’s Program Manager is available to discuss strategies to help balance the Transdisciplinary Fellow’s responsibilities with other time commitments as needed.
- The Transdisciplinary Fellow can expect to work up to 10 hours per week. Though TFs will be expected to be present in their respective community for the majority of these hours,they can also work with the Program Manager to determine if working remotely is possible on occasion.
- The Transdisciplinary Fellow will attend weekly meetings with the Program Manager for the Graduate Academic Initiatives, Graduate Resident Advisors, and Hall Director on Mondays from 6:00PM-8:00PM.
- Transdisciplinary Fellows will have 60-minute bi-weekly supervisory meetings
- Develop and implement strategies to raise awareness of and encourage transdisciplinary work and thinking into their community’s physical environment through leveraging digital signage, public posting boards, and other community spaces.
- Engage residents in dialogue within the community. Dialogues should foster an exchange of knowledge across disciplines.
- Assist the Program Manager for Graduate Academic Initiatives in the creation, distribution, and analysis of programming assessments.
- Provide support in the organization and delivery of Case Competitions and other signature events.
- Synthesize information for transdisciplinary program coordination and reports.
- Serve as a resource for residents in facilitating community building through a transdisciplinary lens.
- Facilitate regular workshops, panels, and dialogues focused on knowledge acquisition and skill development.
- Support Student Life’s programming for graduate and professional students as needed.
- Support event execution by playing an active role in creating events in Sessions@Michigan, engaging guests, taking attendance, event setup and breakdown, and facilitation.
- Assist with the marketing of programs and events through flyer distribution, active social media presence, in-person communication, and electronic correspondence.
- Collaborate with Graduate Resident Advisors on living-learning program development and support including, but not limited to, Welcome to Michigan, Case Competitions, and Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week.
- Support the facilitation of identity-based affinity groups within the community in collaboration with other Transdisciplinary Fellows and the Resident Advisors.
- Participate in self-reflection and performance appraisal processes on a quarterly basis.
- Must be enrolled as a graduate or professional student at the University of Michigan for a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Must be in good academic and social standing within their school/college
- Must be in good standing with Student Life and the University. This includes upholding all policies and procedures as defined by the Michigan Housing Community Living at Michigan,the Statement of Student Rights and Responsibility, and any other applicable University policies and procedures.
- Must comply with all institutional, local, state,and federal laws or guidance.
- Must adhere to all roles, responsibilities, and expectations for the entire duration of the appointment.
- Must attend all team meetings held every Monday from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
- Must attend and participate in Fall and Winter training taking place in August and January.
- Due to the nature of their responsibilities, Transdisciplinary Fellows are not required to live in Michigan Housing.
Direct supervision is provided by the Program Manager and indirectly by the Hall Director(s).
The Transdisciplinary Fellows position will be compensated at $14.00 per hour.
Effective 09/05/2021 – The Transdisciplinary Fellows position will be compensated at $14.50 per hour.