The Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars is an undergraduate living-learning community which seeks to bring the world of research and discovery to students from diverse academic backgrounds. MRADS provides academic support, such as in-house research assistance from peer advisors and facilitated study groups. Through mutual respect and affirmation of diversity, MRADS seeks to build a supportive community for first-year students and sophomore student leaders.
MRADS Resident Advisors live in Mosher Jordan Hall and are responsible for assisting students the students on their hall, in the community, and throughout the building. MRADS RAs are co-supervised by the Mosher Jordan Hall Director and the Michigan Research and Discovery Scholars Associate Director.
MRADS RAs are expected to work 24 hours per week (on average). If ResStaff participate in extracurricular activities outside of their ResStaff Appointment (i.e. another job, sports, committees, etc.) that have the possibility to interfere with their ability and willingness to perform the full range of responsibilities associated with their ResStaff Appointment, they are expected to discuss this concern with their supervisors in advance. The co-supervisors, in consultation with Residence Education Central Staff and HR will determine if a potential conflict of commitment exists and the possible options.
- Fulfill all of the advising, counseling, programming, and administrative responsibilities outlined in the Resident Advisor job description
- Assist residents with finding research projects and provide support and guidance as needed
- Provide programming and academic support for the MRADS community, which includes facilitating a research Dinner Discussion, facilitating Community Conversations dialogues, supervising sophomore enrichment workshops, and creating community-wide programs
- Assist with logistical support for the annual spring research symposium, as well as all monthly mentor-mentee events
- Meet individually with MRADS residents once a semester to build relationships and assess community needs
- Attend weekly staff meetings with MRADS professional staff
Must meet eligibility requirements as outlined in the Traditional RA position.
Co-supervised by the Hall Director and MRAD Professional Staff member.
As the MRADS RA position exceeds 20 hours, this position includes a stipend.
734-763-6658 or firstname.lastname@example.org