The Women in Science & Engineering Program Residence Program is an undergraduate living/learning program which seeks to support undergraduate women in academic majors and future careers in the sciences, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics fields. It provides students with academic support, a community of peers in similar majors, and leadership opportunities through participation in a variety of activities and networks.
Women in Science & Engineering Program Residence Program Resident Advisors live in Mosher Jordan Hall and are responsible for assisting the students on their floor, in the program, and throughout the building. Women in Science & Engineering Program Residence Program Resident Advisors are functionally supervised by the Mosher Jordan Hall Director and the Women in Science & Engineering Program Residence Program Associate Director.
An average of 24 hours per week. If ResStaff participate in extracurricular activities outside of their ResStaff Appointment (i.e. another job, committees, sports teams, etc) that have the possibility to interfere with their ability and willingness to perform the full range of responsibilities associated with their ResStaff Appointment, they are expected to discuss this with their supervisor in advance. The supervisor, in consultation with Residence Education Central Staff and HR, will determine if a potential conflict of commitment exists and what the options are.
- Fulfill all of the advising, counseling, programming, and administrative responsibilities outlined in the Resident Advisor job description.
- Provide programming and academic support for the WISE Residence Program.
- Meet individually with each WISE Residence Program resident living in your community once per semester in order to get to know them and assess their needs.
- Assist and support WISE RP Peer Mentors with their programmatic efforts for first-year WISE Residence Program participants.
- Participate in recruitment events and serve as a WISE Residence Program liaison to university units, the Ann Arbor community and external organizations.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with Women in Science & Engineering Program Residence Program professional staff.
Preference may be given to applicants with a major in STEM field. Female candidates only.
Must meet eligibility requirements as outlined in the Traditional RA position.
Co-supervised by the Hall Director and WISE Professional Staff member.